How frequent are the appointments and how long are each session?
Therapy sessions are scheduled Monday through Friday between 9 AM to 7 PM upon availability.
The frequency of the sessions are arranged on your first consultation call although sessions are mostly recommended to be weekly.
Each therapy session is around 50 minutes.
Do you provide sliding scale fee?
Sliding scale fee services are
upon availability, only if your monthly income is currently insufficient to cover the monthly expenses and therapy at the full rate.
Your eligibility for sliding scale fee will be reviewed approximately every 2-3 months, in order to reassess eligibility.
Please contact me for details regarding the sliding scale fee services.
Do you accept any insurance?
I accept Kaiser Permanente insurance at this time. Please be sure to check with Kaiser first regarding your deductible and copay before setting up an initial appointment.
For all other insurances, I am an out-of-network provider. Out-of-network providers can be seen by most PPO insurnace. SuperBill will be provided for those desiring to submit billing to insurance company for partial reimbursement. The reimbursement rates are dependent on your plans.
What payment options do you offer?
Payment is due at the time of each session.
Credit/Debit cards will be the only forms of payment accepted during this time.
What can I expect during my first therapy session?
Taking the first step in therapy can be an intimidating and uncertain experience. The first therapy session is mostly for us to get to know each other and to build rapport.
I will ask you a couple questions about your life and your situations and why you are seeking therapy at this time. We will also be reviewing your rights to confidentiality and exceptions to confidentiality. Once I have a better understanding of your needs, we will discuss the direction and expectations of therapy.
For those who will be utilizing Kaiser as a form of payment, the first session will include formal ‘assessment questions’ including basic demographic information, mental health history, family history, and substance use history.
What does it look like to use my Kaiser Insurance?
1. The first thing that I always ask everyone to do is to contact member services at Kaiser and ask about your deductible and copay. This will give you a clear idea of what you will be paying for each session.
2. After you know exactly what you will be responsible for financially, you can set up a phone consultation to discuss your needs and expectations of therapy.
3. When both you and the therapist agree to work together, the therapist will need to 'hold' a time slot for the first appointment time on Kaiser system (Tridiuum).
4. Once an appointment is in the system, you will need to contact Kaiser to confirm the appointment. They will send you an email confirmation after the call. It's important that you confirm on the email.
5. An At-Home quick assessment will be sent to you via text/email. This link should be sent to you before the initial appointment time. The link expires very quickly so it may have to be sent to you more than once for you to access it at the right time when you are available.
6. From my own office, you will receive 2 separate emails: The first email will include details of the first appointment, link for the sessions, and instructions on setting up payment for any copays. The second email will include consent forms and questionnaires for you to fill out.
It can feel overwhelming to start the process, but once the initial session is established, the following sessions will be a ease. Please feel free to reach out to me regarding this process at any time.